Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My Hero Academia Review

Another 'Super' Anime

Main Characters of My Hero Academia
Another new anime that I actually like, what a surprise. It's concept is a lot like One Punch Man. It's based around the world of 'super heroes'. In the anime, 80% of the world's population are born with some kind of power. They call this power as their 'Quirk'. Our main hero, Izuku Midoriya ironically doesn't have any quirk despite both his parents having one. He dreams of becoming a hero even if he is quirkless. He then meets his favorite hero All Might and was then chosen as his next successor. All Might, the number one hero, had seen the kindness and heroic act that Izuku had displayed in town when his frenemy was captured by a villain.

The anime may sound very mainstream with a simple plot but the passion, the emotion, the drama, the screenwriting were just so astounding. I was able to relate myself with the main character because he's depicted as a weak scrawny-looking boy who can't stand up for himself when being bullied by his frenemy. We both didn't have anything at first and would always be the easy target to bully. When All Might had granted Izuku his quirk, I saw a reflection of myself discovering the wonders of art. I love drawing, and Izuku loves heroes. I want to be an artist he wants to be a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment