Friday, September 9, 2016

New and Old Anime

Are The New Anime Getting Worse?

Okay, so there's a bunch of stuff I'd like to clarify. Not all new anime are bad but there are a number of them that I just don't see any potential in. Unlike the older ones, like One Piece, Naruto, Hunter X Hunter and Samurai X, those were the old anime that made a huge hit. Maybe even Voltes 5 but I'm not quite sure, I'm not really interested in robot action. It's just that the newer anime have lost it's essence of story. The plot doesn't really pull you into the show. These are only my opinion, and I know that a lot of people are going to disagree with me and would probably be hunting for my head, but this has gotten too far.

I can already imagine the amount of fangirls who'll be out for my head. First on the list is Tokyo Ghoul. It's an anime that got popular last year and probably up until now but I don't get why they like it. I've tried but then stopped at the third episode, I just can't continue it anymore. The cringe is real, I could barf at the plot line. Though I have to give it some consideration, it's only a two season anime both with twelve episodes, so the story line should pace faster than usual. I was just so thrown back at the first episode. It's like almost all the cliche anime ever made. The boy falls in love with this person, then in the same episode their loved ones reveals themselves to be mankind's enemy, ghouls. She injured him, died and the boy went through phasing and acted like a complete wimp who couldn't accept his fate.

Then it gets better (worse), the boy then finds out that he too is a 'ghoul' and has to live his life in secret as he also wants to kill ghouls with his newfound abilities. Then the character development was so bad that I wonder about girls nowadays and their preference with men. The boy turns out to be a complete psychopath. Typical. And most of his fangirls just go for his looks, typical. It's so bad that I couldn't finish an episode without predicting the next scene.

Next on the list is a pretty harmless anime but annoys me to no end. Chunibyou or the Eighth Grade Syndrome. In the anime it shows that their last year of middleschool (grade eight) is spent by the student's imaginations going wild. To the point where they act like they're in a game. Some may think it's cute and all and I can totally agree that this is a childish thing to do because they're only eight graders (this only occurs to anime, if I ever see an eighth grader acting like a child I'm going to slap them-). Then in their first year of highschool (grade 9) they lose their passion and continue on their lives as a normal human being. But like all shows, there's a twist.

There's still a person who still has the Eighth Grade Syndrome. And not to mention that the character is a girl. How embarrassing. It's so humiliating to see someone as old as you acting like a complete fool just to escape reality. It's absurd. I didn't finish the anime either, it's cute and all but jeez. Wake up this is reality you're facing, you can't live like that.

Lastly there's the new season of D. Gray-Man called D. Gray-Man Hallow. It's pretty shocking that Allen and the rest changed uniforms, have new accessories, hairstyles and even new voice actors. I tried to disregard those things in the new season because I waited for four years just for the new season to come out. D. Gray-Man kind of throws you off your chair with information being bombarded to you in every episode. So many things are happening that could've happened in the first season, I guess the first season was only a warm up to let the viewers feel comfortable around the anime's story line. But that's the only thing I wanted to complain about this. It's still an awesome anime.

As for the anime that I would recommend, I'll just put that up in a separate post. So part two will be coming up next week

No comments:

Post a Comment