Thursday, January 5, 2017

Ice Skating

This is what happens when you watch an ice skating anime...

Last month my family and I went out to ice skate. I've asked them numerous times before if I could at least just try it once. We then started searching for the nearest ice rink and saw that there was one in SM Megamall and SM Mall of Asia. My parents were a bit worried since rumors have it that the ice rink in SM Megamall was already removed, so we had no choice to go to SM moa. It was the day right after Christmas so I assumed that there were only a few people around since almost every Filipino had eaten to their heart's content the other day and would feel lazy on the next. It was mind boggling for me to see so much people in line waiting to get an entry ticket to the ice rink. That's what happens when you assume, it makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'.

Thankfully, the line was bearable as it moved every there minutes or so. Although the fact that it was three pm and we still didn't take our lunch made it feel like hell. Once we finally got our tickets we (my father, youngest brother and I) left our stuff with my mom and my other brother. The rest of the things we held onto were placed in a locker that we had to rent. I've always been a negative person so every time I watch Yuri on Ice (the Ice skating anime) I would always tell myself: "You can't do this. The ENTIRE environment changes. You've done volleyball because it was simply a game involved with a ball. but ice skating is one thing that you CAN'T do.". So it wasn't very surprising that I looked like an awkward penguin learning it's first steps on ice. I slipped twice, first was 'kinda' graceful. When I say 'kinda' I actually tried landing myself in a way were most of my body parts would get injured. It was the second fall that hurt so bad. I slipped backwards. So there's me quickly thinking of a way to land without injuring most of my vital parts like the head and spinal cord. I landed on my left elbow. I still got a bruise until today.

In the end my dad hated it because the shoes were uncomfortable and that he hates things that aren't easy on his first try. And my youngest brother hated it as well because someone pushed him causing him to slip and land on his tailbone. I only got to enjoy my "Born To Make History" moment for an hour when my dad called quits.

Yuri on Ice

No comments:

Post a Comment