Monday, August 8, 2016

Otaku Expo 2016

Excited? Or not...

It was my first time going to an anime convention. To be honest I'm a little disappointed. I was excited yet nervous at first but I was also quite shy around my two relatives who went with me. I couldn't just act all hyper or fangirl over every little thing. They know me as someone cool, composed and prideful. If I were to suddenly scream at every cosplayer I see and have them take a picture with me, I would die of embarrassment. I could do it in front of my friends, but seriously speaking, these are people who I haven't been with for more than six months. We're not updated with each others lives. We're close but then everything takes time to adjust, so when I adjusted to their atmosphere, it was hard for me to stay composed when in front of anime.

My friends were there. I greeted them and everything was fine. They were the hyper bunch. But they just didn't seem to fit the mood with my relatives and I, it was like we were the ones to adjust. It was frustrating switching to one personality to another. Also, I was only given a thousand pesos. That amount of money is not even enough to satisfy you in the expo. I spent money on food and my entrance fee. And surely it was the food that drained my money. I was only able to get a plain and single notebook. It was at a cheap price (100 pesos is already one of the cheapest prices there) so I just had to get it. Unlike the headphones, I was debating on whether I was getting them or not, believe me it was a tough choice.

It was actually quite funny that I created a list of things that are available and eliminated all the things I couldn't. There were shirts and jackets, keychains and bookmarks, figurines and cosplay items. But every one of them would either have a very disappointing comment from my mother or are just too expensive. First I thought of the keychains, artworks and bookmarks, but then I immediately disregarded that idea because my mother will say that I could just draw that. Then I thought of accessories, headphones or maybe even a bag. I almost got Zoro's earrings but once I saw that you just clip it on, I decided to move on to the next item. I did want new headphones. I use these cheap earphones that I'm tired of. I really do want the headphones but my mom will complain and say that I still have these working earphones.

I thought about getting a shirt or the jacket. I was so excited to get the jacket of either Karasuno or Nekoma but then was highly disappointed when the price was above a thousand pesos. I deflated in defeat as the shirts didn't have any good design on them either. There was this one shirt that says "Notice me Senpai" which is really cool, but then my mom would tell me that I already have too much clothes in my closet. So in the end I didn't buy anything decent. I was rethinking about getting myself the washable hair spray or the colored contact lenses, then again my mother would scold me for buying the colored contacts and I can't use the hair spray either because our school is against it.

To conclude my first anime expo trip. It was boring. Maybe because I couldn't fangirl in front of my relatives. Oh well, I'll just make it up to the next Expo on the 21 of August. Surely by then, the only thing on my mind will be the test results.

No comments:

Post a Comment